Keeping in mind that travel is all about exploring places, its culture, history, people, food, language and of course digging some interesting facts, here’s a list of some interesting facts about our own country—India. The sequence of trivia will go like this – country, state, and city trivia. In case you have any fun facts please do write it in the comment section and I will add it in the document with a due credit given to the contributor.
- The game of ‘chess’ was invented in India.
- India as a country has the largest number of post offices in the world!
- The Indian Railways is one of the largest employer in the world – 1.6 million employees at the last count and the first train to run in India was between Mumbai (then Bombay) and Thane in 1853.
- Zero in the number system was invented in India by the renowned mathematician Aryabhatta!
- Baudhayana, an Indian mathematician first calculated the value of PI. He is also said to have discovered other mathematical theorems still in use.
- India is the only country that has 300,000 active mosques.
Well aren’t these facts enough for us to conclude that we are living in a Nation – world looks up to. Jai Hind!